|Polartec® Wind Pro® fabrics are extremely breathable yet provide 4x more wind resistance than traditional fleece. This is the new "super fleece" which spans an incredibly wide range of conditions; performs as both outerwear and insulation; and offers exceptional durability. This is a versatile fabric which can be worn all year long for a variety of activities.
How does it work?
Proprietary yarns and a very tight construction greatly reduce the effects of wind chill, the Achilles heel of traditional fleece. We have proven its effectiveness both in the lab and in the field. Polartec® Wind Pro® blocks the wind 4x more than traditional fleece.
The durable water repellent outer surface sheds rain and snow. Velour or pebbled back efficiently traps air and provides a high warmth-to-weight ratio. Both surfaces of these fabrics are finished for maximum durability and pill-free performance. They retain their insulating ability and original appearance after repeated use and laundering.
Because it is not a laminate, Polartec® Wind Pro® is also highly breathable, maintaining 85% of the breathability of traditional fleece to keep you from overheating.
1) 4x more wind resistant than traditional fleece; greatly reduces wind chill
2) Provides warmth without the weight and bulk of traditional insulating fabrics
3) Water repellent surface sheds rain and snow
4) Highly breathable; provides comfort in all activities; does not restrict the movement of moisture vapor
5) Durable; will outlast other fleece fabrics
6) Machine washable
7) Versatile; appropriate for a broad range of activities
Provides extreme durability and abrasion resistance in a soft, exceptionally breathable, water repellent fabric.
- Dramatically increases abrasion and snag/pick resistance
- Enhances durable water repellency
- Maintains a uniform afterwash appearance